Can we have a pay/cash bar at our wedding?

This is fine, but you must use Poundon Houses nominated supplier for this.  We do not allow outside suppliers to run cash bars at the house.  There is a management fee of £150 for a pay/cash bar.  Upon the bar opening, all drinks will then have to be supplied from the bar.  Wine / Drinks … Read more

Can we work with caterers of our own choosing?

Yes you can and we are very experienced in working with outside suppliers (sometimes referred to as external).  If you do chose to go with caterers who are not on our preferred list, then there is a kitchen facility of £800 inc. vat.  Please refer to the equipment list to see what is included in … Read more

Do you charge corkage for drinks?

We do not charge any corkage at Poundon House, (but your caterers may do, this is between you and them).  If you wish to use the bar space and chiller fridges in the Reception Marquee and are not having a Pay bar then there is an additional charge of £150. If you want to have … Read more

What catering equipment is inc. in the catering fee?

We have the following equipment in the marquee kitchen space; 3 x 6 burner gas ovens (LPG gas provided for these ovens) 2 x hot cupboards 1 x double door fridge 1 x glass fronted chiller drinks fridge – full height 1 x chest freezer 1 x hot water urn 2 x  shelving units 1 x … Read more

Does Poundon House remove all the rubbish?

You and your caterers are responsible for leaving the marquee in a fit state (we will hoover). We provide rubbish bins for general waste and recycling at the Reception Marquee for your caterers to use.

Once we have decided on a menu, can we have a tasting at the house?

Yes, Passion For Food and Original Kitchen will be more than happy to arrange a tasting at the house. However, if you use another catering company, we do not offer this service.  Please note that a tasting is only offered once a deposit to the caterer and ourselves has been paid.